Monday, January 16, 2012

NOT William Clark oops.

This is me and a statue of William Clark, who lived in Louisville.

William Clark and Meriwether Lewis led the first transcontinental expedition across the United States from 1804-1806. That means traveled from the east coast all the way to the west coast.

They studied the plant and animal life along the way. They made maps of the country. They were helped by a Shoshone Indian woman named Sacagawea.

CORRECTION: Thanks to Whit (see comments below) for informing me that this is actually a statue of George Rogers Clark, William's older brother. Yipes!  As they say in kindergarten, "let's pretend" it's William. For the sake of the children... :) 

3 comments:

  1. That's a statue of George Rogers Clark, not William Clark. There is a Lewis and Clark statue across the river at the Falls of the Ohio Park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Thanks so much for pointing this out to me... I just assumed the wrong Clark. I'll fix it in the blog, but I'm afraid I've misinformed 20 kindergarteners in Massachusetts.

    For their sake, let's just "pretend" it's William. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's actually pointing at his brother's statue in Indiana after Flat Stanley asked him where the William Clark statue is.

    ReplyDelete